- Continuing Education
- About Us
- Account Info
- Sedation Regulations
Dr. Anthony Feck
Dr. Anthony S. Feck has many roles: established clinician, author, educator and speaker. His varied career has given him the opportunity to explore a number of passions, including sedation dentistry, dental technology, pharmacology and practice building.
As a student at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Dr. Feck won numerous awards for scholastic excellence before graduating with high distinction in 1983. He was then appointed Associate Professor of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry at his alma mater and has been in private practice in Lexington, Kentucky since completing his education.
Dr. Feck's role at DOCS Education
Seeking a way to treat the startling number of people with dental phobias, Dr. Feck co-founded the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS Education), with Dr. Michael Silverman in 1999.
As the Dean of Faculty, Dr. Feck has played a major role in DOCS Education's growth as a leading provider of dental continuing education. Dr. Feck has also served as a consultant in the development of many new dental innovations.
Professional accomplishments and business ventures
Dr. Feck also founded Sunrise Dental Solutions (SDS) in 2007, a business solutions and consulting firm that helps manage dental practices across North America.
He has also developed several models to assist dentists in their professional growth including "The Ultimate Team" series, "Own Your Market," and "Solution Yes."
Affiliations and memberships
Dr. Feck is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Crown Council (charter member)
His published articles include the following:
- "Be An Agent of Change – Become a 'Dentrepreneur'" Continuam; Fall 2009
- "Success with Sedation: A Profitability Comparison of Nitrous, Oral, and IV Sedation"Dental Economics; September 2009
- "Sedation Dentistry - A Proven Business Model" Dental Product Shopper; May 2009
- "Thriving in an economic downturn" Dental Tribune; December 2008
- "Sedation Solutions – A New Day in Your Practice" DOCS Digest; Winter 2008
- "Postoperative Analgesia & Sedation" DOCS Digest; Fall 2008
- "Sedation architectonics" Dental Economics; October 2008
- "Transform Your Practice from Busy to Rewarding with Sedation Dentistry" Dental Economics; February 2008
- "Recession Proof Your Practice"Dental Tribune 2008
- "The Five Words to More High Quality New Patients" Dental Tribune 2008
- "Incorporating Sedation Dentistry into Your Practice" Dental Economics 2008
- "Conscious Sedation" Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry in 2005
- "Anxiolysis in General Dental Practice" Dentistry Today in 2003
- "HOW TO PROFIT FROM... restorative" Dental Economics March 2001
- "Treatment Planning" Dental Economics 1998
- "The Use of Anxiolytic Medications to Supplement Local Anesthesia in the Anxious Patient" Compendium of Continuing Dental Education
- "Rehabilitation of a Fearful Dental Patient with Oral Sedation: Utilizing the Incremental Oral Administration Technique" Academy of General Dentistry