- Continuing Education
- About Us
- Account Info
- Sedation Regulations
Dr. Michael Silverman
Dr. Michael D. Silverman is a globally-recognized lecturer, educator, author and patients' rights advocate. He has appeared in front of 18 dental boards to advocate for the right of dentists to provide sedation in an environment of safe and reasonable regulations.
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and a passionate believer in lifelong Continuing Education (CE), he has changed the way thousands of dentists practice and continues to impact dentistry as a champion of safe and effective oral and IV sedation.
Dr. Silverman's role at DOCS Education
As a general dentist with over 28 years of experience, Dr. Silverman first began studying anesthesia and sedation—including a mini-residency in IV sedation at Montefiore Hospital in Bronx, NY—after noticing how many of his patients exhibited dental fear and anxiety.
Utilizing his training, he began developing safe and effective oral sedation dentistry techniques and protocols. Seeing the tremendously positive impact sedation treatments had on his patients—and the incredible need throughout the U.S.—he joined forces with Dr. Anthony S. Feck to found the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS Education) in 1999.
With the help of sedation dentistry, Dr. Silverman has restored the dental health of thousands of high-anxiety patients. As a faculty member and the President of DOCS Education, he has taught over 20,000 dental professionals how to safely implement sedation in their own practices.
Professional accomplishments and business ventures
Dr. Silverman's extensive dental background and entrepreneurial spirit led to the development of two additional dental-focused companies: RAMP, a full-service dental advertising agency, and b2d Marketing, a rapidly growing dental and medical marketing company. He currently serves as the President of both organizations.
Affiliations and memberships
Dr. Silverman is a member of the following organizations:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (Diplomat)
Some of his published articles include the following:
- Easing the Grip of Patients' Fear Journal of Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity, 2006 Vol.99 No.2
- Oral Sedation: What's New? Woman Dentist Journal, Sep 06 Vol.4 No.8
- Six Steps to Painless (and Profitable) Dentistry Dental Economics; April 2007
- Developments in Oral Sedation Dentistry The Journal of the AGD; Jun 07 Vol.4 No.2
- When it Comes to Dental Regulations, Sometimes More Really is Less Dental Economics; June 2007
- Progress is Inevitable, Even if Occasionally Delayed Dentaltown; Jul 07 Vol.8 No.7
- Fear Has No Color Journal of the New York State Academy of General Dentistry; Fall 2007
- Beyond Diazepam: An Introduction to Oral Sedation Dentistry The Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry; Fall 07 Vol.23 No.3
- Oral Sedation Dentistry Dear Doctor; Spring 2008
- Safety and Security Come First DOCS Digest; Issue II 2008
- The Power of Brand: Not Everyone Loses Out in a Recession LVI Visions; Fall 2008
- The Wisdom of Albert Einstein: Mathematician, Philosopher, and Dental Business Advisor? Profitable Dentist, Winter 2008
- Marketing for a Marathoner: The Art of Running During a Recession LVI Visions; Spring 2009