Many of the dentists who attended their first DOCS Education Sedation and Advanced Dentistry Seminar earlier this month just outside Washington, D.C. admitted upon arrival that they registered primarily to fulfill their state’s continuing education obligations. Some even confessed that they were dreading the one, two, and three-day CE programs.
Thus, as these ‘freshman’ participants readily acknowledged upon completion of their coursework, it came as a most pleasant surprise that the instruction – along with the sense of community they gained – proved to be invaluable. And, shh, even fun.
Almost to a person, the first-time registrants reported that they would begin implementing their fresh training immediately upon their return to their offices.
“I went from skeptic to enthusiast in 48 hours,” explained one first-time registrant. She was particularly impressed, she said, with the engaging, interactive style of the entire DOCS Education faculty.
Veteran DOCS Education members, such as Karl A. Smith, DDS, pledged to return yet again to a future conference. Dr. Smith, who practices in nearby Alexandria, VA, has been attending DOCS Education conferences for close to two decades, earning him the distinguished FDOCS Fellow designation, awarded to dentists who complete exceptional course and clinical work.
In addition to its core classes – including Adult Oral Sedation Dentistry, Master Series - Advanced Sedation, IV Sedation Recertification, and ACLS Certification – the DOCS Education Washington, D.C. conference included a special Friday evening dinner program featuring experts from the Simply Implants Group of Companies who discussed the use of regenerative stem cells in general dentistry, and a Saturday bonus session led by Dr. Leslie Fang covering the ways dentists must respond to the ongoing opioid epidemic.
A popular feature of every DOCS Education conference is the exhibit hall, where carefully curated equipment and service providers are available to meet one-on-one with registrants to answer their questions covering a wide range of topics, including bolstering case acceptance; the latest in digital dental scanners; viable alternatives to dental insurance; and financial risk reduction.
The 2019 Washington, D.C. conference exhibitors were:
- CareCredit – We help people get the care they want for themselves and their families
- Dental Innovations – Our mission is to improve case acceptance, patient experience, and operational efficiencies
- DenVantage – The win-win in-house membership program for dentists and patients
- Eagleston Financial Group – Clarity. Honesty. Strategies.
- Genoray America - Innovative high-resolution digital imaging
- Merchant Advocate – We save you money on credit card fees without switching processors
- PreVu Dental - Top dentists love our cosmetic simulation and smile design software
- RAMP – We'll grow your business by attracting more high-value patients
- Simply Implants – Simple, Quick, & Affordable: Systems, Instruments, Training, and Biologics
- Sunrise Dental Solutions – Dental practice management consultants working with dental practices to blend the clinician, the businessperson, and the human being
- The 2019 Edition of The Ultimate Cheat Sheets: Your comprehensive chair-side guide. Fully updated for opioid prescriptions.
- We Believe in Smiles™ - A public service campaign promoting the magic of a healthy smile
- ZOLL - Delivering technology that advances emergency care and benefits patients
One of the most popular services provided to registrants is the availability of DOCS Education’s dedicated regulatory attorney – J. Kathleen ‘Kate’ Marcus, J.D. – who was on hand to answer any questions the dentists had pertaining to state-by-state regulations, national guidelines, permitting, and advertising standards.
Another privilege afforded those attending each and every DOCS Education conference is the free photography service. Registrants not only can avail themselves of professional headshots, but they are also able to have team photos taken for use on their own websites, promotional materials, and social media accounts.
Because throughout 2019, DOCS Education is marking its 20th Anniversary of serving sedation dentists and their patients, the company also set up a separate photo studio for registrants to have their pictures taken for inclusion in the digital DOCS Education 20th Anniversary Yearbook, which will be distributed to every attendee and member later this year.
The DOCS Education team in D.C. – which acts as ‘adjunct faculty’ – included equipment specialists, clinical advisers, membership guides, and course consultants. Throughout the conference, those who attended were encouraged to ask questions to these customer loyalty representatives and take advantage of conference-only pricing on equipment, supplies, and classes (both online and in-person).
The next two DOCS Education conferences are scheduled for August 16-18 in Memphis, and November 8-10 in Seattle. For more information, or to register, visit our Courses Page or call us at 855-227-6505.