This online course qualifies for 3 hours of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate upon completion.
Learn to assess localized versus spreading infection and review current guidelines for antibiotic use in multiple potential dental patient scenarios. Presented by DOCS Education and eminent physician and educator, Dr. Leslie Fang, MD, Ph.D., this informative case-based course is a segment of the Master Series: Advanced Sedation and includes helpful polling of previous attendees.
Dr. Fang will review and discuss the most current recommendations by the ADA and other organizations when determining antibiotic prophylaxis for patients with joint replacement, immunocompromised conditions, valvular heart disease, and more. You will also learn the most common antibiotics in dentistry and when the downside of premedication outweighs the positive, plus how to effectively communicate with orthopedic surgeons before their patient’s dental procedures.
- Review assessment of infection.
- Learn the 2019 ADA Guidelines for antibiotic use.
- Understand when not to use antibiotics through case study.
- Determine which antibiotics to use in specific case situations.
- Learn about the current CDC-identified superbugs resistant to antibiotics.
- Understand Definitive Conservative Dental Treatment (DCDT).
- The importance of the antibiotic dosing schedule.
- Learn the latest updated ADA and AAOS Guidelines for antibiotic premedication in joint replacement patients.
- Review the updated guidelines for antibiotic prophylaxis for patients with valvular heart disease.
Buy this course today and access it for one full year. All sales are final.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 3 CE credits.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
You can download this course and watch it anywhere using the DOCS APP. Get it on Google Play or the Apple Store.
750 Special Patient Care (Dentistry for the medically compromised) – 2 hours
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.