California Adult Oral Sedation Recertification - Updated with Online Credit Hours*
Maintain Your Permit and Keep Your Skills Current
The California Adult Oral Sedation Recertification Course now offers half of the seven qualifying hours online.* You only need to attend class on the morning of Saturday, December 12th. You can complete the remainder of the course material at home.
You want to provide your patients with the safest, most advanced, comprehensive care available. And California requires you to meet certain recertification requirements to maintain your Adult Oral Conscious Sedation permit anyway, right?
This course, taught by our distinguished faculty, will fulfill California's recertification requirements and deliver a unique educational experience that is at once enriching, stimulating, and fun.
The combination of live and online lectures affords California dentists 7.5 CE credit hours and completely updates and refreshes attendees on the pharmacology and proven DOCS Education oral sedation protocols that dentists must have to keep patients safe. Material covered includes:
- The most recent developments in oral sedation protocols and pharmacology
- Updating your patient assessment techniques based on new medical criteria
- Re-examining the best sedative for each patient based on the latest drugs and their interactions
- Getting current on the Standard of Care doctrine for monitoring
- And much, much, more…
Taught by world-class educator, Dr. Jerome Wellbrock, this course will fulfill California’s and most states’ recertification requirements.
After just one day, you’ll return to your practice with a renewed confidence in your oral sedation mastery, a deeper sense of professional satisfaction, and fresh inspiration to continue in the service of your patients and community.
DOCS Education, an AGD PACE provider since 2000, is the nation’s premiere educator of safe sedation dentistry protocols, having trained more than 25,000 dentists.
Dentists and their team members consistently rank DOCS Education seminars among the best training opportunities out there.
“As a doctor who has countless hours of CE, the thing that impressed me most was not that the information was communicated in a fun and professional way, but that it was effectively communicated in a fun and professional way.”
- Chad Latino, DDS
“Attending DOCS Education courses has made me a better dentist and transformed my career.”
- Dr. Richard Gesker
Register now and join the tens of thousands of other respected dentists who rely on DOCS Education to help maintain oral sedation as a successful part of their dental practice.
During this 1-day recertification course, you'll review critical safety factors for treating the sedation patient, expand on your knowledge of sedation pharmacology, and update airway management and monitoring methods.
- Serving the needs of adult patients with varying-length appointments
- Nine crucial safety provisions for both patient and practitioner
- Methods to readily, but safely increase or decrease the level of sedation
- Techniques to assess patient variability and ensure best drug choice
- Procedures for assessing which patients are appropriate for sedation
- How to use a simplified approach to pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to select a drug that meets your individual patient's needs
- Interpreting and understanding respiratory function tests
- Case reports that will test your knowledge
- The do’s and dont’s of treating patients with COPD
- How to treat patients with Sleep Apnea
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
*(((LIVE))) lecture on Saturday, December 12, 2020 is from 8 am to 12 noon PST and serves to renew your California adult oral conscious sedation permit. The additional 3-3/4 hours are provided as online content and will cover topics in detail such as patient assessment, respiratory diseases, COPD, asthma, and sleep apnea.
(AGD Code - Definition - Hours)
010 Basic Sciences (Anatomy, Microbiology, Pharmacotherapeutics) - 2 hours
340 Anesthesia and Pain Management (Enteral techniques for conscious sedation — oral sedation – 3 hours
750 Special Patient Care (Dentistry for the medically compromised) - 2.5 hours
Total credit hours: 7.5