This online course qualifies for 1.5 hours of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate upon completion.
Discover the latest updates on interventional cardiology and its applications to sedation dentistry with DOCS Education and eminent physician and educator, Dr. Leslie Fang, MD, Ph.D. This highly educational course is a segment of the Master Series: Advanced Sedation and discusses specific case studies plus multiple-choice polls of previous attendees.
Dr. Fang’s extensive and practical knowledge of cardiology will enable participants to explore options for managing simple and complex surgical procedures when treating patients with specific ADA classifications.
Part I: Dental management of patients with percutaneous coronary interventions.
- How and why cardiovascular interventionists use stents to treat myocardial instability?
- What are drug-eluting stents, and when are they preferable to bare metal stents?
- How do bioresorbable vascular scaffolds differ from other stents?
- What is an atherectomy and what are the treatment implications?
Part II: Dental management of patients on anti-platelet agents.
- Treating stent patients on anti-platelet therapy and how to avoid bleeding complications.
- What are the new anti-platelet agents beyond Plavix and how do they perform?
- Stopping DAPT (double anti-platelet therapy) for dental procedures – a review.
- An overview of which drugs to avoid and which are safe to use for the cardiac patient.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, a computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 1.5 CE credits.
You can download this course and watch it anywhere using the DOCS APP. Get it on Google Play or the Apple Store.
(AGD Code - Definition - Hours)
750 Special Patient Care (Dentistry for the medically compromised) - 1.5 hours
Total hours: 1.5 hours
Original release date: 12/16/2019
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.