This online course qualifies for 1 hour of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate once you have completed the program.
One-out-of-eight Americans is diabetic, and over 100 million are either diabetic or pre-diabetic. This affects dental treatment options. So what are the protocols for providing sedation dentistry to these patients?
Join world-renowned physician, educator, businessman and speaker, Dr. Leslie Fang, MD, PhD, as he leads an important class on Sedation Dentistry for Diabetic Patients.
Dr. Fang leads an informative, interactive course that includes case studies and live multiple-choice polls of attendees.
Upon completion of a competency course in enteral sedation, the dentist must be able to understand:
- Specific medical information you’ll need to help evaluate diabetic patients for sedation dentistry.
- How to determine best treatments for specific patient conditions.
- How to conduct oral conscious sedation for diabetics, including specific do’s and don’ts.
- Differences between Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 and pre-diabetes.
- Considerations, cardiovascular concerns, and contraindications regarding diabetic medications patients may be taking for their condition (oral hypoglycemics).
- Diabetes mellitus treatments
- Continuous glucose monitors and insulin pumps
- Oral hypoglycemic agents: which are safe?
- Medical evaluations
- Adequacy of control
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
Case studies for treating diabetes patients with sedation dentistry.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.