This course is worth 2 CE. Free for DOCS Members and Trial Members. See below for details.
Medical Emergencies - while relatively rare in a dental setting, every dental office will eventually encounter at least one medical emergency. Responding to such emergencies with the appropriate and rational use of medications is therefore an essential skill for every dental provider.
This course is presented by Dr. Steve Yun, a board-certified M.D. and Dental Anesthesiologist in Southern California. He will focus on the proper use and rationale of emergency medications that should be available in every dental office.
- Describe a medication paradigm that creates a culture of safety regarding medical emergencies in the dental office
- Examine the proper use, administration and hidden dangers of epinephrine
- Review the proper management of local anesthesia toxicity and seizures
- Discuss the proper use of naloxone, albuterol, Benadryl, and nitroglycerin.
- Identify the one emergency medication that is most often neglected or ignored in dental offices
If you're a DOCS member, you can access this timely video at no charge as part of your benefits. Visit your Dashboard to find the video there.
If you’re not currently a DOCS Member, we are offering a 2-month trial* of our membership that allows you free access to this video, as well as others, for only $1.
Simply click the "Add to Cart" button in the Trial Membership box to the left before you add the Home Study Course to your cart. It will apply a 100% discount to the price of the course.
In addition to great webinars like this one, Members receive a minimum of 12 extra CE hours a year, access to our Regulatory Counsel to guide you through compliance and answer your practice-related legal questions, coaching with our faculty, a listing on SedationCare.com (the largest search database for sedation dentists), and more.
To learn more about what Membership benefits are available to you, visit our Membership page.
*Refer to Terms of Service.