The New Jersey State Board of Dentistry has approved IV Recertification for New Jersey Dentists as meeting the renewal requirements for your IV (PCS) permit. The course is comprised of two parts: in-person and online.
The in-person component will cover 15 CE and cover the following curriculum:
- New science: Learn up-to-date science and protocols that you can immediately apply in your practice
- One-on-one instruction: Participate in one-on-one emergency training using SimMan®
- Critical safety training: Refresh your safety skills using high-fidelity patient simulators
- Real-life applications: Review IV case selection and protocols through real-life case studies
The online component will provide 5 CE and will conveniently allow you to complete your state’s 20 CE requirement for IV Recertification. This online series should be completed prior to taking the in-person section. The series will contain the following four online courses:
- Patient Assessment: Learn how to identify whether a patient is a good candidate for oral sedation dentistry.
- Science of Sedation: Refresh and improve your knowledge of pharmacology.
- Airway Maintenance: Review the essential information needed to master airway maintenance.
- Emerging Trends in Sedation Dentistry: Learn which emergencies are most likely to occur and which drugs make the most sense to have in the office.
Sign up now, renew your permit, and stay up-to-date on the latest advances in IV sedation.
"I brought some of the team with me, including two hygienists and our assistant manager—all of whom are extremely reluctant to try new things. I sat at lunch today listening with amazement as they told me what we need to do to implement this in our practice! Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I will be sending the rest of the team to this course!" - Karen Harriman, DDS DOCS Education considers the dental team a vital part of good patient care and urges every dentist to bring at least one staff member to courses. States differ in their sedation regulations. Visit www.SedationRegulations.com to learn more. In most dental offices team members play an essential role. It's imperative that they be knowledgeable about the process to better serve the patient and the dentist.
Many dental insurance carriers will pay for sedation. Again, there is wide variability in this area.
(Hours - AGD Code - Definition)
10 - 340 Anesthesia & Pain Management
10 - 750 Special Patient Care
TOTAL: 20 hours (lecture)