This course is worth 1.5 CE.
According to statistics, during your dental career, you will experience two or more medical emergencies in your practice.
Dr. Jerry Wellbrock, a DOCS faculty member and experienced clinician with over 30 years of experience, can speak to that statistic from personal experience! He recently had a patient experience a cardiac arrest in his office.
During this 90-minute course, Dr. Wellbrock will discuss how to handle medical emergencies in your practice. He will share the techniques used to sustain the patient’s life, along with what it felt like to be in charge of a medical emergency coordinated with local EMS.
Dr. Willbrock will discuss:
- How to rate a patient’s airway with careful patient evaluation and selection prior to sedation
- Protecting the airway for sedation and non-sedation patients
- Managing the airway during sedation
- Recognizing early signs of a compromised airway
- Actions you need to take when handling a respiratory emergency
- Equipment every office needs to be ready for medical emergencies
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 1.5 CE credits.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
*Refer to Terms of Service.