This course is worth 1 CE.
Nitrous oxide (N2O) is the most common inhalation anesthetic used in dentistry and has been administered safely in dental offices since the mid-1800s. This course acts as a comprehensive look at N2O Administration and covers the knowledge necessary to delivery safe and effective sedation to your adult and pediatric patients.
Presented by Dr. Anthony Feck, he delivers an engaging lecture on how to apply this mild sedative for maximum safety and effect. You’ll learn to look for the signs of sedation, monitor the delivery of gasses throughout treatment, and how to create a safe exit protocol.
- Define key terms in the use and administration of nitrous oxide.
- Recognize the signs of appropriate sedation and over-sedation with nitrous oxide.
- Understand the unique application of sedation on children.
- Apply the appropriate levels of gas for initial dosing as well as maintenance during treatment.
- Establish appropriate oxygen application protocols.