This course is worth 0.5 hours of CE.
Nitrous oxide has the potential to be misused and abused by both patient and staff. This half-hour CE course will help you understand and prevent the misuse of this gas.
Presented by Dr. Anthony Feck, he will identify safe levels of the sedative, discuss its physiologic and biologic effects, and cover how you can how to administer N2O safetly in your practice. He will also discuss the NIOSH safety guidelines for this highly safe and beneficial anxiety relieving agent.
- Establish the safety levels of nitrous oxide.
- Understand the basic pharmacology of nitrous oxide (physiology, biologic effect).
- Recognize the NIOSH guidelines.
- Identify the abuse potential and biological consequences.
- Discuss ethical and legal considerations.