This course is worth 1.5 CE.
Dental treatment, in general, invokes anxiety for a high percentage of the population. Added to the anxiety of dental pain, we now have the added concern about going out in public and exposing ourselves or our families to the current pandemic.
Join Dr. Carol Wilson and learn how nitrous oxide can be reincorporated into your daily practice to offer relief to anxious patients, and how to safely utilize this treatment while protecting your health and the health of patients and staff. Dr. Wilson will offer tips to increase nitrous oxide success in your office, unravel myths, and deliver practical facts that will make any provider more confident in offering this simple form of mild sedation to the anxious dental patient.
- Review nitrous oxide administration techniques to achieve more predictable and effective results.
- Understand the anatomical structures involved in inhalation anxiolysis.
- Understand how nitrous oxide works.
- Review relative contraindications to nitrous oxide use.
- Review occupational exposure reduction and sterilizing protocols for equipment.
- Learn to identify acceptable candidates for nitrous oxide.
- Discuss the limitations of nitrous oxide.
- Discuss the practicality of nitrous oxide for many dental patients.
Sharpen your sedation dentistry skills and provide the highest level of fear-free dentistry to your patients.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn one CE credit.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.