You want to provide your patients with the safest, most-advanced, comprehensive care available. Plus, if your state requires you to obtain a permit to offer Adult Oral Conscious Sedation, you must meet your state’s recertification qualifications.
This course, taught by our distinguished faculty*, will fulfill your state’s recertification conditions and deliver a unique educational experience that is at once enriching, stimulating, and fun.
Our one-day class fulfills 7 ½ CE credit hours and completely updates and refreshes attendees on the pharmacology and proven DOCS Education oral sedation protocols that you must have to keep your patients safe. What we’ll cover includes:
- Patient assessment techniques
- Airway management
- The latest science of sedation
- Treatment planning
After just one day, you’ll return to your practice with a renewed confidence in your oral sedation mastery, a deeper sense of professional satisfaction, and fresh inspiration to continue in the service of your patients and community.
DOCS Education, an AGD/Pace-approved provider since 2000, is the nation’s premiere educator of safe sedation dentistry protocols, having trained more than 22,000 dentists.
Dentists and their team members consistently rank DOCS Education seminars among the best training opportunities out there.
"As a doctor who has countless hours of CE, the thing that impressed me most was not that the information was communicated in a fun and professional way, but that it was effectively communicated in a fun and professional way."
- Chad Latino, DDS
"Attending DOCS Education courses has made me a better dentist and transformed my career."
- Dr. Rich Gesker
Register now and join the tens of thousands of other respected dentists who have incorporated our training into making oral sedation a successful part of their dental practice.
During this 1-day recertification course you'll review the critical psychology of the sedation patient, expand on your knowledge of sedation pharmacology, and practice airway management and monitoring.
You can choose to take Day One or Day Two of OSD at certain locations.
- Serving the needs of patients with more than just Valium (145, 146)
- Nine crucial safety provisions (80, 92) critical for both patient and practitioner
- Five key airway management techniques
- Methods to readily increase or decrease the level of sedation (83, 87)
- Techniques to assess patient variability and ensure best drug choice (66, 69)
- Interactive polling throughout the course to help you retain knowledge
- Advanced treatment planning for neglected mouths
- Procedures for assessing which patients are appropriate for sedation (101, 113)
- How to use pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to select a drug that meets your individual patient's needs (97, 130)
- What to look for, what to expect and how to adjust for the unusual
- Traditional single-dose and new incremental-dose protocols (80)
- An innovative (and stress-free) approach to learning pharmacology including absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (11, 161)
- Clinical staff training focuses upon proper documentation and patient monitoring before, during and after a sedation appointment (72)
- Four simple, yet mandatory, dismissal criteria to help you stop worrying and ensure your patient is safe (87, 143)
"I brought some of the team with me, including two hygienists and our assistant manager—all of whom are extremely reluctant to try new things. I sat at lunch today listening with amazement as they told me what we need to do to implement this in our practice! Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I will be sending the rest of the team to this course!"- Karen Harriman, DDS
DOCS Education considers the dental team a vital part of good patient care and urges every dentist to bring at least one staff member to courses. States differ in their sedation regulations. Visit SedationRegulations.com to learn more.
Many dental insurance carriers will pay for sedation. Again, there is wide variability in this area.
(Hours - AGD Code - Definition)
7.5 - 340 Anesthesia & Pain Management
TOTAL: 7.5 hours (lecture)