NEWS: DOCS Education has created an Interactive (((Live))) Streaming program for Adult Oral Sedation Dentistry Recertification to take place on October 3. Expand the number of protocols in your arsenal and fulfill your state’s recertification requirements from the safety and comfort of your home.
You want to provide your patients with the safest, most-advanced, comprehensive care available. Plus, if your state requires you to obtain a permit to offer Oral Conscious Sedation (Minimal Sedation or Moderate Enteral Sedation), you must meet your state’s recertification qualifications.
This class fulfills 7 ½ CE credit hours and completely updates and refreshes attendees on the pharmacology and proven DOCS Education oral sedation protocols that you must have to keep your patients safe. You'll have 3.5 hours of online pre-course study followed by a 4 hour lecture, either on our Interactive (((Live))) Streaming platform on Saturday morning, or in-person at one of our live events on Friday afternoon or Saturday afternoon (your choice).
What we’ll cover includes:
- Discuss the most recent developments in oral sedation protocols and pharmacology
- Update your patient assessment techniques based on new medical criteria
- Reexamine the best sedative for each patient based on the latest drugs and their interactions
- Get current on the Standard of Care doctrine for monitoring
- Learn a Dental Response to COVID-19
Taught by world-class educators—Leslie Fang, MD, Ph.D., Dianne Benedictson, DDS, and Jerome Wellbrock, DMD, MAGD. This course will fulfill your state’s recertification conditions and deliver a unique educational experience that is at once enriching, stimulating, and fun.
Now as an added bonus, you'll get access to the MASTER THE NEW ADA ANTIBIOTIC GUIDELINES free with your registration.
The online content covers 5 critical sedation topics. The live portion focuses on complex case studies. This course can be combined with ACLS recertification when attending live, in-person events, providing maximum efficiency of time. See our ACLS recertification page for more information.
- Interactive (((Live))) Streaming courses are held on Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. ET / 6:00 a.m. PT to 1:00 p.m. ET / 10:00 a.m. PT
- Live, in-person event courses are held Friday or Saturday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*This online option is best for dentists practicing in: AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT GA HI ID IL IN KS KY MA MD ME MN MO MS ND NE NH OK OR RI SC TN TX UT VA WA WI
After just one cumulative day, you’ll return to your practice with a renewed confidence in your oral sedation mastery, a deeper sense of professional satisfaction, and fresh inspiration to continue in the service of your patients and community.
DOCS Education, an AGD/PACE-approved provider since 2000, is the nation’s premier educator of safe sedation dentistry protocols, having trained more than 24,000 dentists.
Dentists and their team members consistently rank DOCS Education seminars among the best training opportunities out there.
"As a doctor who has countless hours of CE, the thing that impressed me most was not that the information was communicated in a fun and professional way, but that it was effectively communicated in a fun and professional way."
- Chad Latino, DDS
"Attending DOCS Education courses has made me a better dentist and transformed my career."
- Dr. Rich Gesker
Register now and join the tens of thousands of other respected dentists who have incorporated our training into making oral sedation a successful part of their dental practice.
Technical Requirements: A desktop or laptop computer with audio and video capabilities linked to a high-speed Internet connection to view the presentations. A mobile device to access the interactive event polling technology.
*Some states require a full-day program. If you are practicing in: DE FL IA LA MI MT NC NJ NM NV NY OH PA SD VT WV WY, come to our full-day live event.
During this 1-day recertification course, you'll expand on your knowledge of sedation pharmacology, and airway management, case selection, and monitoring.
- Case studies combining complex medical conditions and the dentistry needed to be performed
- Nine crucial safety provisions (80, 92) critical for both patient and practitioner
- Five key airway management techniques
- Methods to readily increase or decrease the level of sedation (83)
- Techniques to assess patient variability and ensure best drug choice (66, 69)
- Advanced treatment planning for neglected mouths
- Interactive polling throughout the course to help you retain knowledge
- Procedures for assessing which patients are appropriate for sedation (101, 113)
- How to use pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to select a drug that meets your individual patient's needs (97, 130)
- Four simple, yet mandatory, dismissal criteria to help you stop worrying and ensure your patient is safe (143)
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
"I brought some of the team with me, including two hygienists and our assistant manager—all of whom are extremely reluctant to try new things. I sat at lunch today listening with amazement as they told me what we need to do to implement this in our practice! Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I will be sending the rest of the team to this course!"- Karen Harriman, DDS
DOCS Education considers the dental team a vital part of good patient care and urges every dentist to bring at least one staff member to courses. States differ in their sedation regulations. Visit SedationRegulations.com to learn more.
(Hours - AGD Code - Definition)
7.5 - 340 Anesthesia & Pain Management
TOTAL: 7.5 hours (lecture)