This course is a 90-minute webinar. You’ll earn 1.5 hours of continuing education credit upon completion of the accompanying quiz.
Is there such a thing as “profitless prosperity?” Unfortunately, for dentists who serve children, there is, says Dr. Roger Sanger, DDS, MS. He sees the condition afflicting far too many general dentists: full schedules but low margins.
The problem is not a matter of clientele. Dr. Sanger’s offices provide care to thousands of children on Medicaid and other low-income programs. Neither is it a problem of demand. Although pediatric caries can accurately be called an epidemic, profitability requires more than high patient volume.
In this course, Dr. Sanger discusses the demographics and culture of today’s pediatric population. You’ll learn why the birth explosion has resulted in a caries crisis. You’ll see what current trends say about tomorrow’s viability for staying in business. You’ll view real case studies to understand how smart scheduling can reduce costs and lift profits. You’ll also hear Dr. Sanger answer tricky questions from other dentists.
Upon completion of a competency course in enteral sedation, the dentist will understand:
- Why dentists need a “dashboard” philosophy
- How today’s demographic trends predict the future
- Why “acceptable” mistakes are OK
- The meaning of time economics
- How to work around low reimbursement rates
- How belief systems influence the profitability of your practice
- Why today’s permissive parenting threatens your profitability
- Three reasons why dentists don’t use enteral sedation
- Why childhood caries are increasing
- Why the AAPD, many government agencies, and private insurers have adopted a more aggressive standard of care for treating pediatric caries
- The history of crowns—from stainless steel to zirconia
- Why today’s paradigm of specialty dental services largely ignores children
- and more
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
Equip yourself to take advantage of the paradigm shift happening now in pediatric dentistry!
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 1.5 CE credits.
(AGD Code - Definition - Hours)
430 (Pediatric Dentistry) – 0.75 hours
550 (Practice Management) – 0.75 hours
Total hours: 1.5 hours
Original release date: 12/4/2021
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.