As practitioners who focus so much of our attention on our patients’ health, often we overlook some of the more obvious conditions that affect the masticatory system. It is not hard to build a case that the study of respiratory disease should be a principal aspect of courses involving patient safety.
Furthermore, most practicing dentists are unaware that respiratory disease is by far the most common medical condition, as measured by prescription frequency (50,000), followed by diabetes (30,000), and then cardiovascular disease (28,000). In this informative and fast-moving online program, you will learn to understand, manage and maintain patients with conditions that deal with the respiratory system as a crucial part of your commitment to patient care with and without sedation.
This online course qualifies for 1 hour of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate once you have completed the program.
Anthony S. Feck, DMD, your course instructor, will walk you through:
· Interpreting and understanding respiratory function tests
· Expanding your knowledge of the pulmonary function
· Case reports that will test your knowledge
· The do's and don’ts of treating patients with COPD
· Managing the most common respiratory emergencies