This online course is an introduction to the sedation office for team members and doctors. Attendees will gain an understanding of the important role that team members play in running an efficient, effective and safe sedation office. Attendees will walk away from this course with a firm grasp of the signs and symptoms of dental phobia; the unique legal requirements for treating sedation patients; the types and components of a new patient sedation appointment; the steps and processes for required and recommended sedation documentation, monitoring and dismissal.
Four Reasons to Take Team Training:
- Learn how the experts set up and run an efficient sedation office.
- Gain an understanding of the unique legal requirement for treating sedation patients, including the information you need to get from the patient in the pre-treatment workup, required and recommended documentation and patient monitoring.
- Find out how to adjust your scheduling for the different types of new patient and all-day sedation appointments.
- Understand the principles behind effective sedation office systems and the roles that team members play in supporting the doctor and patients.
Course topics include:
- Signs and symptoms of dental phobia
- New patient sedation appointment scheduling
- Required and recommended documentation
- Appointment monitoring and dismissal
- Emergency preparedness
- Office systems
3.5 CE hours from a PACE-approved provider
Who Should Take this Course?
This class is intended for team members who need first-time or refresher training on running and working in an efficient sedation office. Doctors who take this course will gain insight into how his/her team can support and improve sedation services.
Purchase this course today to gain valuable online training.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.