DOCS Education has a program for Adult Oral Sedation Dentistry Recertification for dentists that will expand the number of protocols in your arsenal and fulfill your state’s recertification requirements in one morning!
Pick from two different formats:
- February 25, 2023
- May 20, 2023
Provide your patients with the safest, most-advanced, comprehensive care available. If your state requires you to obtain a permit to offer Oral Conscious Sedation (Minimal Sedation or Moderate Enteral Sedation), you must meet your state’s recertification qualifications.
This class fulfills 8 CE credit hours and completely updates and refreshes attendees on the pharmacology and proven DOCS Education oral sedation protocols that you must have for recertification – and to keep your patients safe.
You'll have 4 hours of online pre-course study followed by a 4-hour lecture, either via our Interactive (((Live))) Streaming platform on Saturday morning, or in-person at one of our live events on Saturday morning.
Oral sedation recertification training includes:
- Discuss the most recent developments in oral sedation protocols and pharmacology
- Update your patient assessment techniques based on new medical criteria
- Reexamine the best sedative for each patient based on the latest drugs and their interactions
- Get current on the Standard of Care doctrine for monitoring
Taught by world-class educators—Leslie Fang, MD, Ph.D and Anthony Feck, DMD. This course will fulfill your state’s oral sedation recertification conditions and deliver a unique educational experience that is at once enriching, stimulating, and fun.
Now as an added bonus, you'll get access to the MASTER THE NEW ADA ANTIBIOTIC GUIDELINES free with your registration.
The online content covers 5 critical sedation topics. The live portion focuses on complex case studies. This course can be combined with Advanced Cardiac Life Support recertification when attending live, in-person events, providing maximum efficiency of time. See our ACLS recertification page for more information.
- Interactive (((Live))) Streaming* courses are held on Saturday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET (6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PT).
- Live, in-person event courses are held Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Both Doctor and team members have pre-course materials unique to their roles.
Our Interactive (((LIVE) Streaming option is best for dentists practicing in: AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT GA HI ID IL IN KS KY MA MD ME MN MO MS ND NE NH OK OR RI SC TN TX UT VA WA WI
Some states require a full-day program. If you are practicing in: DE FL IA LA MI MT NC NJ NM NV NY OH PA SD VT WV WY, speak with one of our Course Advisors on what we can offer you.
This course requires an active sedation permit or previous attendance at Adult Oral Sedation Dentistry, Light Sedation: N2O and Oral Sedatives or IV Sedation Certification
Technical Requirements: A desktop or laptop computer with audio and video capabilities linked to a high-speed Internet connection to view the presentations. A mobile device to access the interactive event polling technology.
During this 1-day recertification course, you'll expand on your knowledge of sedation pharmacology, and airway management, case selection, and monitoring.
- Case studies combining complex medical conditions and the dentistry needed to be performed
- Nine crucial safety provisions (80, 92) critical for both patient and practitioner
- Five key airway management techniques
- Methods to readily increase or decrease the level of sedation (83)
- Techniques to assess patient variability and ensure best drug choice (66, 69)
- Advanced treatment planning for neglected mouths
- Interactive polling throughout the course to help you retain knowledge
- Procedures for assessing which patients are appropriate for sedation (101, 113)
- How to use pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to select a drug that meets your individual patient's needs (97, 130)
- Four simple, yet mandatory, dismissal criteria to help you stop worrying and ensure your patient is safe (143)
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
"I brought some of the team with me, including two hygienists and our assistant manager—all of whom are extremely reluctant to try new things. I sat at lunch today listening with amazement as they told me what we need to do to implement this in our practice! Your enthusiasm is infectious, and I will be sending the rest of the team to this course!"- Karen Harriman, DDS
DOCS Education considers the dental team a vital part of good patient care and urges every dentist to bring at least one staff member to courses. States differ in their sedation regulations. Visit SedationRegulations.com to learn more.
(Hours - AGD Code - Definition)
8 - 340 Anesthesia & Pain Management
TOTAL: 8 hours (lecture)
If a course cancellation is received 2 weeks prior to the beginning session, you will receive a refund minus $500. $400 of that amount may be applied to a future course within 1 year. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, no refund will be issued. You may choose to transfer to a future event within one year for a fee of $100. Please contact your course advisor for more information.
To learn more about how DOCS Education’s full range of courses can satisfy your state’s regulatory requirements, visit www.SedationRegulations.com. This unique online resource is kept up-to-date by DOCS Education’s full-time regulatory counsel with a brief outline of the latest sedation legislation by state and province. DOCS Members receive a comprehensive regulatory reference sheet for their location and access to the regulatory counsel. Contact one of our course advisers with any questions or visit our course listings to see upcoming classes.