With a style and tradition befitting one of Memphis' grandest, most legendary hotels, The Peabody offers a magnificent bridge between the "Blues City's" celebrated past and cosmopolitan present.
Nestled in the heart of downtown, the Peabody hotel offers a one-of-a-kind experience just blocks from Beale Street, the Memphis Rock 'n Soul Museum, the Gibson Guitar Factory, Fed-Ex Forum, Sun Studio, the Orpheum Theatre and the Memphis Cook Convention Center.
Of course, The Peabody itself is also one of Memphis' most beloved attractions.
The first 5 CE credits of Oral Sedation Dentistry are completed online. Advanced Cardiac Life Support also has Pre-Course requirements. You will receive login instructions via email to access the pre-course in your DOCS Dashboard.
How to download your course binder on your iPad or Kindle Fire! (must have Kindle app):
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Go to 'Manage Your Content & Devices'
- Go to 'Your Devices'
- Make a note of the device email: [your device id]@Kindle.com
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Approved Personal Document Email List' and 'Add a new approved e-mail address'
- Add Audrey.Telles@docsedu.com
- This step must be completed before we send the document.
- Contact us at 855-767-7593. Express interest in receiving a digital version of our content and provide us with your device email.
- DOCS Education will send an email from Audrey.Telles@docsedu.com to your device email.
- In 'Your Content' the first tab usually says 'Books'. Using the drop down choose 'Docs'. When the document appears in your Kindle Docs folder, simply deliver it to your device. The process may take several minutes.
DOCS Education partners with certain hotels that provide attendees with reduced rates. Contact a DOCS representative for more information.
The seminar will be held at the historic Memphis Peabody Hotel. Room discounts are available.
Did you know that Gold Members can bring one team member and the second team member for free? Contact our Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) on how to receive this BOGO deal.
An important component of this weekend’s conference is the continuing education credits they entitle you to receive. DOCS Education is a strong proponent of lifelong education to maintain and elevate your knowledge and skills.
Here’s what you need to know about the CE credits you’ll earn:
- Within two weeks, we will mail those who complete our Oral Sedation Dentistry and Pediatric Sedation Dentistry courses their CE. These vary from state to state in terms of what they need to say, and we will prepare your credits to conform to your state’s requirements.
- Registrants attending all other courses will be handed a CE letter at the end of class. Our instructors will provide you the necessary course code to fill in.
- If you are an Academy of General Dentistry member and would like us to submit your credits to the AGD, please notify us. If you can provide your AGD membership number, that will be helpful.
- Those registrants who complete our emergency response courses will be mailed their ACLS cards directly from Life Support Services, which conducts the classes on our behalf. For any questions, please see your instructors.
Note: Some states, such as California, require that the CE letter be provided directly from us to receive proper credit. If you have any questions about your state’s specific requirements, please see our regulatory counsel, who will be with us at the seminar.
Many states require CE credits before providing nitrous oxide and/or minimal oral sedation, these requirements vary from state to state. Visit SedationRegulations.com to find out more about meeting your requirements and getting your sedation permit. If in doubt, contact DOCS Education and be sure to speak with our Regulatory Counsel at the seminar. After the seminar, access to our Regulatory Counsel becomes an important membership benefit.
If you are licensed in more than one state, please be sure to let us know, so that we can prepare you accordingly. Different states have different requirements (e.g. additional hours, live patient requirements, equipment requirements, etc).
Peabody history dates back to 1869 when the original Peabody Hotel opened on the corner of Main & Monroe and immediately became the social and business hub of Memphis. In 1925 a newer, grander Peabody was built at its present location at Union and 2nd Street continuing the legacy of the "South's Grand Hotel." It was 1933 when ducks were originally placed in the hotel's lobby fountain, setting in motion an 85-year tradition that continues today with the March of the Peabody Ducks. The Peabody name has become synonymous with the 5 North American mallard ducks that are now the living symbol of the Peabody brand.
The Peabody Memphis is a member of Historic Hotels Worldwide, which is dedicated to promoting heritage and cultural travel to prestigious historic treasures.
Read more about the Peabody Hotel here.
Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) prior to the course at CSR@docseducation.com.
Meal tickets are available for purchase the week prior to the course. Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) if you need to purchase meal tickets for your guest at CSR@docseducation.com.
Check back here soon for forthcoming information on the "Lunch & Learn" event!
Check back here soon for forthcoming information on parking at the Peabody Memphis, or Contact your Customer Loyalty Representative for information.
Casual attire is appropriate for the course. However, due to the sedative nature of the subject matter, we will keep the meeting space air conditioned so that people can stay awake and alert. We recommend that you wear warm clothes or bring a sweater so that you can adjust to your own comfort level.
Click here to view typical weather in Memphis during August.
We look forward to having you join us at our DOCS Education conference this weekend. We’ll be emailing a daily edition of the DOCS Community Digest to all attendees, so be sure to check your inbox each morning for up-to-date information on the day’s events, as well as exclusive conference-only offers.
DOCS Education members who attend the upcoming Washington DC conference are entitled to have their professional headshots taken for free before classes and during breaks.
Professional photos are a great way to upgrade your practice’s website and social networking accounts, as well as your Gold Member listing on SedationCare.com – our popular members-only patient referral site.
Please be in line for registration by 7:00 AM. Once you have registered you can enjoy breakfast provided by DOCS
- What time does-do classes start?
- Friday, class will begin at 7:30 AM.
- Saturday, class will begin at 7:30 AM.
- You will have mid day breaks for lunch provided by DOCS.
- ACLS on Sunday begins at 9:30
- When do classes finish?
- Friday end at 5:00 PM
- Saturday end at 5:00 PM