When you stay at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale in Scottsdale, you'll be in the suburbs and close to Scottsdale Fashion Square and Camelback Mountain. This family-friendly resort is within close proximity of Scottsdale Waterfront and Western Spirit: Scottsdale's Museum of the West.
Rooms can be reserved at a special rate by calling (480) 947-5400 and mentioning the DOCS group rate of $199/night, not including tax. Please reserve your rooms before Oct 15, 2020, in order to receive the discounted rate. Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. on day one and the course starts each day at 7:30 a.m.
The first 5 CE credits of Oral Sedation Dentistry are completed online. Pediatric sedation dentistry and Advanced Cardiac Life Support also have Pre-Course requirements. You will receive login instructions via email to access the pre-course in your DOCS Dashboard.
How to download your course binder on your iPad or Kindle Fire! (must have Kindle app):
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Go to 'Manage Your Content & Devices'
- Go to 'Your Devices'
- Make a note of the device email: [your device id]@Kindle.com
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Approved Personal Document Email List' and 'Add a new approved e-mail address'
- Add email@example.com
- This step must be completed before we send the document.
- Contact us at 855-767-7593. Express interest in receiving a digital version of our content and provide us with your device email.
- DOCS Education will send an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to your device email.
- In 'Your Content' the first tab usually says 'Books'. Using the drop down choose 'Docs'. When the document appears in your Kindle Docs folder, simply deliver it to your device. The process may take several minutes.
DOCS Education partners with certain hotels that provide attendees with reduced rates. Contact a DOCS representative for more information.
The seminar will be held at The Doubletree Resort at Paradise Valley. You can secure a room at the discount rate of $199/night by using this link before October 15, 2020.
The advantages of attending Oral Sedation Dentistry become all the more powerful when team members attend as well. Oral Sedation Dentistry has breakout groups where team members learn how to implement sedation and further heighten its practice-wide benefits. Doctors who bring their team are more successful at implementing and seeing results.
Did you know that Gold Members can bring one team member and the second team member for free? Conact our Customer Service Representatives (CSR) on how to receive this BOGO deal.
An important component of this weekend’s conference is the continuing education credits they entitle you to receive. DOCS Education is a strong proponent of lifelong education to maintain and elevate your knowledge and skills.
Here’s what you need to know about the CE credits you’ll earn:
- Within two weeks, we will mail those who complete our Oral Sedation Dentistry and Pediatric Sedation Dentistry courses their CE. These vary from state to state in terms of what they need to say, and we will prepare your credits to conform to your state’s requirements.
- Registrants attending all other courses will be handed a CE letter at the end of class. Our instructors will provide you the necessary course code to fill in.
- If you are an Academy of General Dentistry member and would like us to submit your credits to the AGD, please notify us. If you can provide your AGD membership number, that will be helpful.
- Those registrants who complete our emergency response courses will be mailed their ACLS cards directly from Life Support Services, which conducts the classes on our behalf. For any questions, please see your instructors.
Note: Some states, such as California, require that the CE letter be provided directly from us to receive proper credit. If you have any questions about your state’s specific requirements, please see Kathleen Marcus, J.D., our regulatory counsel, who will be with us in Scottsdale.
Although most states require between 16 and 25 CE credits before providing minimal and moderate oral sedation, these requirements vary from state to state. Visit SedationRegulations.com to find out more about meeting your requirements and getting your sedation permit. If in doubt, contact DOCS Education and be sure to speak with our Regulatory Counsel at the seminar. After the seminar, access to our Regulatory Counsel becomes an important membership benefit.
If you are licensed in more than one state, please be sure to let us know, so that we can prepare you accordingly. Different states have different requirements (e.g. additional hours, live patient requirements, equipment requirements, etc).
Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) prior to the course at CSR@docseducation.com.
Meal tickets are available for purchase the week prior to the course. Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) if you need to purchase meal tickets for your guest at CSR@docseducation.com.
Parking at the hotel is free.
Casual attire is appropriate for the course. However, due to the sedative nature of the subject matter, we will keep the meeting space air conditioned so that people can stay awake and alert. We recommend that you wear warm clothes so that you can adjust to your own comfort level.
We look forward to having you join us at our DOCS Education conference this weekend. We’ll be emailing a daily edition of the DOCS Community Digest to all attendees, so be sure to check your inbox each morning for up-to-date information on the day’s events, as well as exclusive conference-only offers.
- What time does-do classes start?
Classes begin promptly at 7:30 a.m. each day, but plan on registering early (by 7:00 a.m.) if you want to avoid lines and enjoy breakfast.
- When do classes finish?
Friday and Saturday end at 5:00 p.m.
Sunday ends at 1:00 p.m. for most classes. Pediatric Sedation Dentistry ends at 3:00 p.m. ACLS Online depends on overall attendance, but usually ends at 4:00 p.m.
- What is the Live Patient Experience?
West Coast seminars, on Saturday from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., we will present a live patient experience from the OSD main stage. While this is a requirement for California, all attendees seeking a sedation permit all are invited to register for the free extra hour of CE.