The first 5 CE credits of Oral Sedation Dentistry are completed online. Pediatric sedation dentistry and Advanced Cardiac Life Support also have Pre-Course requirements. You will receive login instructions via email to access the pre-course in your DOCS Dashboard.
How to download your course binder on your iPad or Kindle Fire! (must have Kindle app):
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Go to 'Manage Your Content & Devices'
- Go to 'Your Devices'
- Make a note of the device email: [your device id]@Kindle.com
- Go to 'Settings'
- Click 'Approved Personal Document Email List' and 'Add a new approved e-mail address'
- Add Lindsay@docsedu.com
- This step must be completed before we send the document.
- Contact us at 855-767-7593. Express interest in receiving a digital version of our content and provide us with your device email.
- DOCS Education will send an email from Lindsay@docseducation.com to your device email.
- In 'Your Content' the first tab usually says 'Books'. Using the drop down choose 'Docs'. When the document appears in your Kindle Docs folder, simply deliver it to your device. The process may take several minutes.
DOCS Education partners with certain hotels that provide attendees with reduced rates. Contact a DOCS representative for more information.
The seminar will be held at The Westin San Diego. You can secure a room at the discount rate of $199/night by using this link before January 31, 2019.
Did you know that Gold Members can bring one team member and the second team member for free? Contact our Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) on how to receive this BOGO deal.
An important component of this weekend’s conference is the continuing education credits they entitle you to receive. DOCS Education is a strong proponent of lifelong education to maintain and elevate your knowledge and skills.
Here’s what you need to know about the CE credits you’ll earn:
- Within two weeks, we will mail those who complete our Oral Sedation Dentistry and Pediatric Sedation Dentistry courses their CE. These vary from state to state in terms of what they need to say, and we will prepare your credits to conform to your state’s requirements.
- Registrants attending all other courses will be handed a CE letter at the end of class. Our instructors will provide you the necessary course code to fill in.
- If you are an Academy of General Dentistry member and would like us to submit your credits to the AGD, please notify us. If you can provide your AGD membership number, that will be helpful.
- Those registrants who complete our emergency response courses will be mailed their ACLS cards directly from Life Support Services, which conducts the classes on our behalf. For any questions, please see your instructors.
Note: Some states, such as California, require that the CE letter be provided directly from us to receive proper credit. If you have any questions about your state’s specific requirements, please see John P. Bitting, Esq., our regulatory counsel, who will be with us in Scottsdale.
Many states require CE credits before providing nitrous oxide and/or minimal oral sedation, these requirements vary from state to state. Visit SedationRegulations.com to find out more about meeting your requirements and getting your sedation permit. If in doubt, contact DOCS Education and be sure to speak with our Regulatory Counsel at the seminar. After the seminar, access to our Regulatory Counsel becomes an important membership benefit.
If you are licensed in more than one state, please be sure to let us know, so that we can prepare you accordingly. Different states have different requirements (e.g. additional hours, live patient requirements, equipment requirements, etc).
You will find many of the hottest dining options in San Diego within a few blocks from the hotel. Ask our staff for recommendations!
The event is just a short walk or trolley ride away from landmarks like the Convention Center, Little Italy, the Gaslamp Quarter, and the San Diego Zoo- plus many shopping and dining options. Erase travel fatigue and feel your best with a dip in the rooftop pool or a session in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. After a productive meeting in one of our inspiring meeting spaces, celebrate with drinks at The Bar or dinner at Coast signature restaurant.
Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) prior to the course at CSR@docseducation.com.
Meal tickets are available for purchase the week prior to the course. Please contact your Customer Loyalty Representatives (CLR) if you need to purchase meal tickets for your guest at CSR@docseducation.com.
DOCS Education works hard to find the best sources to help you succeed in dentistry and business. More information about the presenters and topics will be provided in the DOCS Community Digest seminar newsletter that you will receive during the days leading up to the event.
Parking info will be provided. Check back soon for details!
Casual attire is appropriate for the course. However, due to the sedative nature of the subject matter, we will keep the meeting space air conditioned so that people can stay awake and alert. We recommend that you wear warm clothes or bring a sweater so that you can adjust to your own comfort level.
We look forward to having you join us at our DOCS Education conference this weekend. We’ll be emailing a daily edition of the DOCS Community Digest to all attendees, so be sure to check your inbox each morning for up-to-date information on the day’s events, as well as exclusive conference-only offers.
DOCS Education members who attend the upcoming Scottsdale conference are entitled to have their professional headshots taken for free before classes and during breaks.
Professional photos are a great way to upgrade your practice’s website and social networking accounts, as well as your Gold Member listing on SedationCare.com – our popular members-only patient referral site.