IV refresher training—right where you practice.
Elevate your IV sedation treatment standards, broaden the options available to your patients, and enhanced your clinical flexibility with expert in-office training. Expanded IV sedation services promote greater comfort and longer treatment times, further improving patient satisfaction. DOCS Education's gold standard training provides tailored instruction specific to your practice and your office. Gain expertise related to novel combination agents, current equipment, emergency measures, and the latest thinking in patient safety and systems management.
When you register for DOCS Education's IV refresher sedation training (available in convenient one-day or two-day lengths*), you'll receive the following advantages:
- Customized learning focused upon your unique patients, team, and physical environment
- Live patient cases from case selection to anesthesia, treatment, and dismissal
- Thorough practical review stressing medical assessment and monitoring
- Increased understanding of new agents and drug combinations
- A comprehensive study of the principles of patient recovery and discharge
- Expand to treat special needs patients
- Qualifies for recertification of permit or certificate
Top-notch training for you equals top-notch care for patients.
Our leading instructors represent decades of clinical experience in dentistry and medicine. They'll help you master IV sedation techniques; create a sophisticated plan; learn developments in pharmacology; manage adverse events and prepare for emergencies.
Other advantages you can expect following the training include confidently documenting care, preparing for site reviews, and accreditation surveys. The customized format also fosters the identification of goals unique to your practice, as well as ongoing support to assure the availability of equipment, pharmaceuticals, and supplies.
All staff members are welcome to participate in this experience. We will help train your dental assistants, dental hygienists, and your front-office business staff during our sessions together.
*Cost is per day plus travel expenses.
Schedule Your Event
Sign up now to benefit from expanded options and more consistent outcomes with your patients and your practice. Tuition is per day. One or two-day programs available. Travel expenses are not included. Call 855-227-6505 to schedule your dates or to learn more!
You must have a current IV permit or certificate in your jurisdiction.
Here is an overview of the training, which is available in convenient one-day and two-day sessions:
- Discussion with course instructors with you and select members of your team in order to identify unique practice goals
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Ongoing support to assure availability of required equipment, pharmaceuticals and supplies
Onsite practical and didactic training
- Nuances of patient assessment
- Advanced pharmacology
- Physiological mechanisms of sedation
- Continuous infusions
- Management of adverse events
- Principles of patient recovery and discharge
Regulatory compliance for controlled substances
- Proctoring of clinical cases
- Mock site inspection
(AGD Code - Definition - Hours)
012 (Basic Science: Anatomy) – 1.5 hour
016 (Basic Science: Pharmacotherapeutics) – 1.5 hours
018 (Basic Science: Physiology) – 1 hour
142 (Electives: Emergency Training / CPR) – 1 hours
153 (Electives: Control of Dental Fear / Apprehension) – 1 hours
341 (Anesthesia, Pain Mgmt, Sedation, Pharmacology: Anesthesia and Pain Control) – 10 hours
If a course cancellation is received 2 weeks prior to the beginning session, you may receive a refund minus $500. $400 of that amount may be applied to a future course within 1 year. If you cancel less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the course, no refund will be issued. You may also choose to transfer to a future event within one year. Please contact your course advisor for more information.