You don't have to leave your office to get up-to-date emergency response training for you and your staff. DOCS Education's certified DALS® trainers can customize a training plan specific to your office’s needs, with special attention paid to office layout, personnel and resources.
When you register for DOCS Education’s 2-day In-office Dental Advanced Life Support course, you'll receive the following advantages:
- Customized training – Our training program was designed by dentists for a dental office, and we’ll customize it further to fit your specific practice
- Hands-on practice – Receive practical training to handle common emergency scenarios
- Build team confidence – Because each team member will play a vital role in an emergency, we’ll run drills and make sure every team member learns their vital role in ensuring patient safety
- Cost Effectiveness – Train one dentist and up to nine team members at significant savings over what it would cost to bring everyone to an off-site seminar
When a medical emergency happens—make sure your team is ready.
Would you know how to use the equipment in your office to respond to a patient experiencing a medical crisis?
Our certified emergency trainers will teach you the essential skills to respond to respiratory failure, airway obstruction, cardiac problems and anaphylaxis in your office. Learn to confidently use state-of-the-art AED equipment, receive hands-on experience using advanced airway management equipment and be prepared to run a Megacode emergency.
Trainers will walk team members through a step-by-step process for office set-up, emergency equipment operation, practice drills and code training. Team members gain firsthand experience and training in how to prepare and maintain the office and equipment, support the dentist during an emergency, and work together to obtain the best results.
Sign up now, and get emergency response training in your office, on your schedule.
Nationally-recognized instructor, John Bovia, has over 30 years of medical emergency training and experience. Graduates of this course will be able to safely and confidently respond to cardiac and medical emergencies both inside and outside the dental office.
Course Objectives: Overview
- Prepare your office to operate as a small code team
- Learn how to use dental office emergency equipment to run a Megacode emergency
- Create a management plan for medical emergencies that could arise in your office
- Confidently use state-of-the-art AED equipment from Cardiac Science™
- Receive hands-on training using advanced airway management equipment
- Develop your skills through practice on high-tech patient simulators
- Boost your awareness of crucial emergency drugs and equipment
- Learn how to set up your office
Many dental insurance carriers will pay for sedation. Again, there is wide variability in this area.