This online course qualifies for 1 hour of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate upon completion.
Learn the levels of pediatric sedation and review the principles and choices of monitoring devices in this insightful course presented by renowned pediatric dentist, Dr. Roger Sanger, DDS, and Dr. Steve Yun, MD, an anesthesiologist and pediatric specialist.
Dr. Yun will discuss the protocols for sedation monitoring in pediatric dentistry and share the standard of care devices to consider. The different routes and levels of sedation are explained by Dr. Sanger, as well as the pros and cons of oral conscious sedation versus IV sedation for children. Participants will learn to choose the drugs and techniques that provide the widest margin of safety in pediatric sedation dentistry, and much more.
- Review pediatric monitoring devices, includina g precordial stethoscope, pulse oximeter, capnography, and more.
- Consider the importance of vigilant visual patient monitoring ithe nto post-anesthesia phase.
- Study routes and levels of pediatric sedation – the continuum of sedation.
- Learn the stages of pediatric drug metabolism.
- Learn why starting at minimal sedation is safest and how to determine if the pediatric patient has passed into the moderate level.
- Review the drugs approved for pediatric sedation and understand when to bring in an anesthesiologist.
- Learn tips for communication with parents of sedation patients.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, a computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
You can download this course and watch it anywhere using the DOCS APP. Get it on Google Play or the Apple Store .
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 1 CE credits.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
430 Pediatric Dentistry (Pediatric anesthesia and pain control) – 1 hour
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.