This online course qualifies for 1 hour of CE credit that is automatically issued with a digital certificate upon completion.
Learn the significance of case evaluation and selection when sedating pediatric dental patients in this informative course presented by renowned pediatric dentist, Dr. Roger Sanger, DDS, MS, and Dr. Steve Yun, MD, an anesthesiologist and pediatric specialist.
Dr. Sanger will discuss the importance of reviewing the patient’s physical assessment, health history, and medical and behavioral disorders in case selection criteria. You’ll learn which pediatric patients can be sedated in the dental office and when it’s wise to refer out. Dr. Yun will also share the guidelines and risk factors for accepting sedation patients with upper respiratory infections (URIs).
- Understand ASA Classification as applied to pediatric patients.
- Review anesthesia-related mortality studies.
- Learn a protocol for pediatric patient assessment with emphasis on:
- Sleep disorders
- Review Mallampati score and Brodsky classification.
- Learn the red flags for sedation difficulty including:
- Structural nasal disorders
- Large tonsils or adenoids
- Septum deviation
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic infections
- Cardiac conditions
- Behavior modification medications
- GI disorders
- Blood disorders
- Learn to check for drug-drug interaction.
- Review the 7 most common mistakes in treatment planning for pediatric patients.
- Understand the implications of treating a child with an upper respiratory infection.
Buy this course today and access it for one full year. All sales are final.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, a computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
You can download this course and watch it anywhere using the DOCS APP. Get it on Google Play or the Apple Store.
atch the video and complete the quiz to earn 1 CE credit.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
430 Pediatric Dentistry (Pediatric anesthesia and pain control) - 1
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.