Sedation dentistry is a team sport, and investing in their training virtually ensures a thriving practice and happy patients. Your team will learn everything necessary to implement sedation dentistry so you can concentrate on the clinical side of dentistry.
In this course, your team will be equipped to provide an even higher quality of care for your patients; they will realize a new level of ownership and pride as your company culture and team-building rise to new heights.
What They'll Learn
- Why perform sedation? Learn the benefits of adding oral sedation to the practice.
- Examining the patient psyche. Learn how patients with dental anxiety see the world and how to successfully work with the Sedation protocols.
- Learn about the pre-sedation workup of the patient, how to conduct the sedation and recordkeeping requirements.
- Monitoring of patients. Review capnography basics, monitoring vital signs and more.
- Marketing methodologies that start with the team. Discover ways to make the community aware of the benefits of sedation dentistry.
- Case Studies. See real-life applications of the principles you’ve learned.
Successful implementation of new skills depends not just on an intelligent doctor—but an intelligent team. Provide your team with the confidence, skills, and preparation to ensure oral sedation is implemented safely and efficiently in your practice.
Course is 15 CEs printable with a passing score in the quiz.
Purchase of this course grants access for one year and requires an internet connection, computer with video and audio capabilities, and in some cases, Adobe Reader to view handouts and articles.
Watch the video and complete the quiz to earn 15 CE credits.
Scientific support and additional resources are available here.
(AGD Code - Definition - Hours)
010 (Basic Science: Anatomy) – 1.5 hour
010 (Basic Science: Pharmacotherapeutics) – 1.5 hours
010 (Basic Science: Physiology) – 1 hour
142 (Electives: Emergency Training / CPR) – 1 hours
153 (Electives: Psychosocial anxiety & fear in dentistry) – 1 hours
340 (Anesthesia and Pain Management) – 9 hours
DOCS online courses are available to the purchaser for one year from date of purchase.
No refund of course tuition is available.