World-renowned pharmacology and physiology expert Dr. Leslie S.T. Fang, a distinguished member of the DOCS Education faculty, is the lead author of The Ultimate Cheat Sheets: The Practical Guide for Dentists (2019 Edition) – a comprehensive chair-side resource that thousands of dentists rely on daily to have up-to-date information at hand when they need to make critical clinical decisions.
A Free 3 CE Course Included
When You Purchase Your Copy of The Ultimate Cheat Sheets, You Get Access to an Online 3 CE Class that Conforms to the ADA’s Newly Issued Opioid-Safety Education Policy
– a $169.95 stand-alone value
You might also like...
The Ultimate Cheat Sheets Companion Video Series
A 12-module video course for dental professionals. Learn to understand recent developments in medicine that can critically impact care of your patients. If you like the The Ultimate Cheat Sheets, you'll love Dr. Fang's Ultimate Cheat Sheets Companion Series.
What's NEW and UPDATED in 2019
Addressing controversies all of you agonize about Daily
The Ultimate Cheat Sheets contain everything you require to stay abreast of the constantly-changing FDA mandates, life-saving algorithms, and the steady stream of new drugs and their interactions.
Nearly every pertinent clinical issue is condensed into a simple, color-coded and user-friendly format to allow you to stay focused on the nuts and bolts of safe patient management.
- There are only 50 drugs that you are ever likely to use in dentistry: the optimal way of using these drugs
- How do the top 100 drugs in the country impact your practice?
- There are only 12 drugs that you are likely to use 90% of the time: get comfortable using them
- What is QTc prolongation and how does it impact our use of commonly prescribed antibiotics and analgesics?
- Do you know that there is a 2017 update on premedication for valvular disease?
- What do you do for a patient needing premedication coming in already on amoxicillin for sinusitis?
- Do you know that we now have official orthopedic recommendations on joint premedication that will take you out of the middle of this controversy?
- What do you do for premedication if you have to do dentistry weekly on a patient who needs premedication?
Antibiotic for odontogenic infections
- Why do you treat localized infection differently than spreading infection?
- Antibiotic regimens that will change how you manage odontogenic infections
- Should you give antibiotic premedication for implants?
- Antibiotic regimens that will optimize successful management of odontogenic infections, highlighting pitfalls
- Should you continue antibiotic after placement of implants?
Analgesics and narcotics
- What do you have to do to comply with the New ADA Policy for Opioid Prescriptions?
- Can we get rid of narcotic use altogether?
- How to optimize non-narcotic pain management?
- What is the new FDA labeling for all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs?
- What is the relevance of the new 2017 AHA/ACC guidelines on hypertension and how does it impact your practice?
- Should you do dental hygiene on a patient before 6 months after a myocardial infarction?
- Have you seen the new Bioresorbable Scaffold? What do you have to do to manage these patients and other patients with stents?
- Do you have to premedicate a patient with a recently placed stent?
- How do you manage patients with the fastest growing cardiac condition (congestive heart failure)?
MRONJ vs BRONJ? why your life just got more complicated
- Why did they change BRONJ to MRONJ?
- How does this change the dental evaluation of all your patients?
- How do you assess the relative risks for development of MRONJ?
- What the relevance of a drug holiday prior to dental intervention?
- How do you manage MRONJ?
Diabetes mellitus: What is new and how does it impact dentistry?
- A whole slew of new oral hypoglycemic drugs that you need to be used to managing
- Insulin pump: how do you manage a patient on an insulin pump through dentistry?
- Continuous glucose monitoring: how can you utilize this in patient management?
Xarelto, Pradxa, Eliquis, Savaysa, Brilinta, Effient: No wonder the patient is bleeding
- A growing number of New Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs) that will be replacing Coumadin: Do you know how to manage these patients through dental interventions?
- An increasing number of patients are on Brilinta: What is it and do you know how to manage these patients through dental interventions?
- With the ever-growing list of new oral anticoagulants and new anti-platelet agents, do you know if the drugs you are prescribing are safe?
Hepatitis B and C
- New management approach to Hepatitis C and the dental implication thereof
- Drugs that are safe to use in patients with a history of hepatitis
- New management approach to Hepatitis B and the dental implication thereof
- Drugs to avoid in patients with a history of hepatitis
- How do you manage patients with progressive renal disease?
- How do you manage dialysis patients?
- How do you manage patients who have had a solid organ transplant?
- Drugs that are safe to use in patients with renal disease
The Top 150 Drugs
If you’ve purchased earlier editions of The Ultimate Cheat Sheets, you already know how vital the guide is whenever you face an important clinical decision. If the 2019 Edition will be your first purchase of this indispensable handbook, we know you’ll quickly come to wonder how you ever practiced without it.
A sample of the core material covered in the Ultimate Cheat Sheets includes:
- Dental implications of the top 150 drugs prescribed in the United States
- Instructions on how to manage a patient with Diabetes mellitus
- What you need to know about a patient on oral anticoagulants
- Recommendations for when to avoid treating a patient with a history of angina
- The proper protocol for treating a patient who requires antibiotic prophylaxis but is already on Amoxicillin for acute sinusitis
Every day, your patients trust you to be the best-prepared professional you can be. So, please, go ahead and "cheat" on them. They'll be the ultimate beneficiaries.
Watch a Preview of Dr. Fang's Lecture
Check out the video to watch a short preview of Dr. Fang’s lecture
When you order and pay for your 2019 Edition of The Ultimate Cheat Sheet, an email will be sent providing access to your own, personalized course “dashboard,” allowing you to take Dr. Fang’s online class at your leisure. Your copy of the Ultimate Cheat Sheet will be shipped immediately.
Upon completion of the video course, pass the short quiz, and you will be able to print your certificate for 3 CE credits. It’s hassle-free.
If you prefer, you can place your order for the guide and course by phone: 855-227-6505. Be sure to ask how you can receive a special discount on the Ultimate Cheat Sheets, and other great dental tools and courses, when you become a member of DOCS Education, the nation’s leading provider of sedation and advanced dentistry education.
A new policy from the American Dental Association, announced in March 2018, calls for every dentist in America to receive CE in prescribing opioids and other controlled substances. The ADA policy is already codified into law by many state dental boards.
The ADA policy will protect patients - but will also safeguard dentists. It's the right thing to do.
You can fully satisfy the newly issued opioid-safety education policy recommendation from the comfort of your home or office.
For a limited time, dentists who purchase Dr. Fang's 2019 Edition of the The Ultimate Cheat Sheets will be entitled to register for free for Dr. Fang's 3 CE online course, The New ADA Policy on Opioid Prescriptions.
This exclusive video class – taught by the nation’s most respected authority on dental pharmacological safety – is at once both informative and engaging. Indeed, Dr. Fang is considered by many dentists – not to mention his students at Harvard Medical School – to be among the most effective and captivating instructors they’ve ever had the opportunity to learn from.
Your course will be available on the My Courses page of your dashboard. Allow 7-10 business days for arrival of your handbook. For express shipping, please contact one of our customer loyalty specialists at the number above.
- Now Available!
At a time when both dentistry and medicine are galloping ahead at break-neck speed, it is critical for the dental professional to understand developments in medicine that can critically impact care of their patients.
This is a 12-module video course. It contains 12.5 hours of lectures delivered by Dr. Leslie Fang. Each module features a one-page summary for quick reference.
A New App companion to the Ultimate Cheat Sheets is available for just $49.95. To add it onto your order, put this in your cart and then click here. Ultimate Cheat Sheets purchase required for Add on pricing.