The Adult Oral Sedation Dentistry course—our most popular program—will help you to integrate sedation into your practice. This comprehensive 3-day course delivers 25 CE credits and is taught by world-class faculty: Anthony S. Feck, DMD; Leslie Fang, MD, PhD; Dianne Benedictson, DDS; and Jerome Wellbrock, DMD, MAGD.
During this course, you will learn to safely and confidently integrate oral sedation into your dental services. The oral sedation protocols we teach cover sophisticated administration methodologies and proven pharmacological techniques.
Courses are held Friday through Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except Sunday, which ends at 1:00 p.m. plus 5 hours of online pre-course study). Traditional and new oral sedation protocols are taught by dentists who practice what they teach, and a board-certified internal medicine physician who teaches patient assessment and pharmacology.
Here are the key advantages you'll experience when you enroll in the oral sedation dentistry course:
- Implement sedation—Acquire the knowledge and skills to sedate healthy adults while applying established safety standards and providing positive experiences for patient and practitioner
- Expand your knowledge—Gain current medical information and become a better clinician
- Reach a broader base—Learn to help the millions who fear dentistry by managing their pain and anxiety
- Streamline your practice—Reap the benefits of efficiency through coordinated team training by bringing your staff
Learn more about the course from instructor Dr. Leslie Fang by listening here:
- 314-Page Training Manual covers safe, effective oral sedation protocols. The faculty created the manuals to be comprehensive, powerful tools that you can refer to as needed. This is not your typical book of slides.
- Clinically Proven Traditional and New Oral Sedation Protocols that are safe and well-established.
- Airway Management and Medical Emergency Simulations that exceed most sedation permit requirements.
- Advanced Treatment Planning for neglected mouths and the economy of sedation are introduced.
- Master Communication Do’s & Don’ts with a sedated patient are taught to you and your team.
- Experience 20 Real Case Videos that cover common and challenging scenarios and their treatment plans
- Earn 25 CE credits (20 hours live + 5 hours pre-course study)
- Seven areas you must know to confidently deliver oral sedation dentistry
- Ten crucial skills for communicating with a sedated patient
- Five keys to airway management (70, 86) with hands-on training
- Techniques to enhance the use of nitrous oxide/oxygen in combination with oral sedation (92, 110)
- How to readily increase and decrease the level of sedation (83, 87)
- Video patient experiences of sedation protocols
- Vital equipment for sedation dentistry
Complete ACLS during the same 3 days! Many states require Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for practices that provide oral sedation. You'll save time and money completing it with your Oral Sedation training and leave with additional confidence to handle emergencies as well as giving your patients another reason to choose you. Learn more.
What Are the Team Benefits?
IMPLEMENTATION BECOMES A BREEZE. Team members learn everything necessary to implement sedation dentistry firsthand, resulting in a seamless rollout of services once they return to the office.
CREATES AN EVEN HIGHER QUALITY OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS. Learning the sedation process from beginning to end empowers your team to be fully invested and confidently answer patient questions.
ENGENDERS TEAM OWNERSHIP AND PRIDE. Giving your team the tools they need to accomplish the tasks assigned to them creates a powerful sense of ownership.
STRENGTHENS COMPANY CULTURE AND FOSTERS TEAM BUILDING. Attending a seminar as a team nurtures collaborative team building, inspires shared excitement, and fortifies company culture.
LEARN FROM OTHER SEDATION OFFICES AND TEAMS. Interacting with their peers provides a unique opportunity for your team to learn directly from others with years of experience.
AGD Subject Codes
|1.5||010||Basic Science: Anatomy|
|4||010||Basic Science: Pharmacotherapeutics|
|1||010||Basic Science: Physiology|
|1.5||142||Electives: Emergency Training / CPR|
|2||153||Electives: Psychosocial Anxiety & Fear in Dentistry|
|15||340||Anesthesia & Pain Management|
TOTAL: 25 hours (lecture)
Course Registration Instructions
- At the top of the page, pick from the drop-down menu which location and dates you would like to attend the Adult Oral Sedation Course.
- Enter the number of doctor registrations and team-member registrations for that date (NOTE: GOLD Members are entitled to BOGO free tuition for team members) and click "Add to Cart."
- Upon checkout, you will need to log in to your existing account or create a new account, then click the "Check Out" button to finalize your registration.
- Once registration is completed, a confirmation email will be delivered to your inbox along with instructions on joining Whova, DOCS' official event app for updates.