An engaging international lecturer, Dr. Feck has been a featured speaker throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. His well-known teaching and lecturing style blends humor with contagious passion. His previous speaking engagements have included the following:
- Local and state dental associations
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- MasterPlan Alliance retreats (featured speaker)
Dr. Anthony S. Feck has many roles: established clinician, author, educator, and speaker. His varied career has given him the opportunity to explore a number of passions, including sedation dentistry, dental technology, pharmacology, and practice building.
As a student at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry, Dr. Feck won numerous awards for scholastic excellence before graduating with high distinction in 1983. He was then appointed Associate Professor of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry at his alma mater and has been in private practice in Lexington, Kentucky since completing his education.
Dr. Feck's role at DOCS Education
As a clinician, Dr. Feck is particularly passionate about helping high-fear dental patients receive care comfortably and safely. This passion led him to co-found the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS), where he is the dean of faculty and clinical director for IV sedation. Through that organization, he has personally trained over 10,000 dentists from all over North America in the art and science of sedation dentistry.
As the Dean of Faculty, Dr. Feck has played a major role in DOCS Education's growth as a leading provider of dental continuing education. Dr. Feck has also served as a consultant in the development of many new dental innovations.
In compliance with DOCS Education’s Conflict of interest policy, which is reviewed by the AGD PACE Program, Dr. Feck has disclosed having a financial interest as owner Sunrise Dental Solutions which may be referenced in this lecture.
Professional accomplishments and business ventures
Dr. Feck founded Sunrise Dental Solutions (SDS) in 2007, business solutions and consulting firm that helps manage dental practices across North America.
He has also developed several models to assist dentists in their professional growth including "The Ultimate Team" series, "Own Your Market," and "Solution Yes."
Furthermore, he helped develop the "Leadership Challenge," a series of courses designed to teach leadership principles to dentists.
Dr. Feck also has an extensive background in dental implantology. He has taught over 60 courses on this subject at his teaching center. He has also been involved in the development of new dental implant designs, which has culminated in a newly designed implant being named after him, a prestigious honor recognizing his contributions to both the education and advancement of dental implantology.
His nationally recognized status as a cosmetic dentist resulted in his appointment to the faculty and advisory board of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics. He has taught and continues to practice the use of Botox to both treat facial abnormalities as well as enhance the overall facial appearance and supplement cosmetic dentistry.
Affiliations and memberships
Dr. Feck is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support as well and is a member of the following organizations:
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation/DOCS (Co-Founder)
- Academy of Dental Consultants (Managing Director)
- Academy of Periointegration
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Crown Council (charter member)
He has authored 10 dentistry manuals and published 27 articles on dental topics. He is a nationally recognized educator and speaker, having personally given more than 300 courses to dentists and their teams. The number grows each month. He has been published in several dental trade publications including AGD Impact, Dental Products Report, and Dental Economics.
His published articles include the following:
- "Be An Agent of Change – Become a 'Dentrepreneur'" Continuam; Fall 2009
- "Success with Sedation: A Profitability Comparison of Nitrous, Oral, and IV Sedation" Dental Economics; September 2009
- "Sedation Dentistry - A Proven Business Model" Dental Product Shopper; May 2009
- "Thriving in an economic downturn" Dental Tribune; December 2008
- "Sedation Solutions – A New Day in Your Practice" DOCS Digest; Winter 2008
- "Postoperative Analgesia & Sedation" DOCS Digest; Fall 2008
- "Sedation architectonics" Dental Economics; October 2008
- "Transform Your Practice from Busy to Rewarding with Sedation Dentistry" Dental Economics; February 2008
- "Recession Proof Your Practice"Dental Tribune 2008
- "The Five Words to More High Quality New Patients" Dental Tribune 2008
- "Incorporating Sedation Dentistry into Your Practice" Dental Economics 2008
- "Conscious Sedation" Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry in 2005
- "Anxiolysis in General Dental Practice" Dentistry Today in 2003
- "HOW TO PROFIT FROM... restorative" Dental Economics March 2001
- "Treatment Planning" Dental Economics 1998
- "The Use of Anxiolytic Medications to Supplement Local Anesthesia in the Anxious Patient" Compendium of Continuing Dental Education
- "Rehabilitation of a Fearful Dental Patient with Oral Sedation: Utilizing the Incremental Oral Administration Technique" Academy of General Dentistry
Getting to Know Dr. Feck
Dr. Feck and his wife, Becky, enjoy visiting family in Texas, especially to see his granddaughter, Logan. Harley, Dr. Feck’s Pug, always accompanies them on their trips. His personal hobbies include reading, writing, boating, playing golf, and following UK sports.
Dr. Feck instructs the following courses
- Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Master Series - Advanced Sedation
- IV Sedation Recertification
- IV Sedation Certification
- Single-Dose Sedation and Nitrous Oxide - Adult and Pediatric
- Airway Management
- An Essential Review of Oral Sedation Protocols
- An Essential Review of Pharmacodynamics and the Minimal Sedation Protocol
- Is IV Sedation Right for Your Practice?
- Nitrous Oxide - Safe and Simple
- Nitrous Oxide and Oxygen Sedation in Adults and Children
- Oral Sedation Recertification: Cardiac Rhythm, Airway & Case Examples
- Oral Sedation Recertification: Patient Assessment, Nitrous Oxide and COPD
- Oral Sedation Recertification: Respiratory Disease, Apnea, Osteonecrosis & Infections
- Oral Sedation Recertification: Science of Sedation & Top Dose
- Oral Sedation Recertification: Sedation systems Review, Recordkeeping & Respiratory Disease
- Pharmacology of Nitrous Oxide
- Respiratory Disease and Sedation - COPD
- Science of Sedation
- Single Dose Sedation Protocols
- Top Dose
- For more online course